VISIT THE FIRST COMBINED PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL ACHIEVED LOTUS GOLD CERTIFICATION
Recently, the Vietnam Green Building Council (VGBC) has awarded LOTUS gold certificates to Concordia International School Hanoi. Accordingly, this is the first school combines primary school and secondary school in Vietnam that achieved LOTUS Gold Standard for Green Building.
The whole project site area includes a primary school, a high school, a football pitches and some auxiliary areas. The Building school has 5 stories, including: office area, music room, art room, cafeteria, black box, gym court, gym fitness, dance room, learning studio, science lab, etc.
With the goal of creating a friendly and comfortable environment for students to study most effectively, GreenViet has put a lot of green standards from design to construction stage. It can be divided into 5 main categories:
- Indoor environment quality: we take advantage of the available natural advantages such as light, wind direction to apply into the indoor space of the classroom to minimize the energy consumption for lighting and air conditioning. Artificial gas can cause eye and respiratory effects. As a result, 96% of the interior space is provided with fresh air and 60% of the area is illuminated by natural light.
- Energy: In enclosed spaces in this project, LED lights that can save energy consumption were installed and there are some spaces used time switch to automatically turn off exterior lighting and time switch combine with motion sensor to automatically turn off interior lighting.
- Water: installed water-efficient fixtures to reduce water usage. Besides that, the use of non-domestic water covers all the demand for irrigation and for flush fixtures. It gains 25% of total water consumption.
- Material & Waste: achieved 30% of total building material is recycled materials. Specifically, 100% of non-structural walls are made of non-baked materials. All products used for paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, floorings system and composite wood are low-VOC and low-formaldehyde products to protect the health of building users and workers. On the other hand, applying solutions of reusing materials on construction stage helps decrease 75% of construction waste.
- Sustainable site: that 16% of project area is covered by vegetation helps moderate temperatures and make the project more aesthetic. 33.68% of the paved and roof area contributes to limit heat island effect with white metal roof, solar PV panels and open-grid pavement.
Besides that, Concordia International School Hanoi have put green feature signage in some places around the project to not only boost green building reputation but also increase the awareness of environmental protection for each student.
Concordia International School Hanoi has successfully created an exciting and healthy education environment for students by applying green building standards into the project to encourage students to participate in to learning and entertainment with a morale of self-discipline and comfortable.
This project is built with sustainable goal and corporate social responsibility from design stage, material and equipment choices to construction stage and operation. The reason behind all is because we want to create the best development environment for children!